Friday, September 5, 2008

Guitar Onesie Applique


I have this friend who is pretty edgy and cool so I wanted her to have something fun and unique for her new baby boy and I knew I wanted it to be handmade. I took took onesies I bought at the store and made my own appliques for them.

Now I am not gonna lie here, I had some problems with this applique. I had never made my own before and didn't even think to use the double-sided fusible interfacing to get a nice, stiff applique for the onesie. And I used a really cheap onesie that was not a good quality. The end result gave me a wobbly looking guitar. On top of that I do not have an embroidery machine. My sewing machine is a cheap $60.00, bought at Wal-mart, Brother sewing machine. If I had a nicer machine, then the applique would have been better looking.

All that aside, I made a pattern when I made the applique so I could try again another time and so I could share my design with you! Make sure you use double sided fuseable interfacing (like I forgot to!). Use whatever colors you like and whatever decorative stitching you like!

If anyone makes one please send me pics I would love to see them! All the instructions are included in the pattern. Email me if you have any additional questions!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

This is so cute! I stumbled across your site while looking for applique ideas for onesies. My SIL is expecting a girl, but I think this would look great in pink! I'll send you a pic if I make it. And now I'm going to check out some of your other pages. :)

chris said...

Thanks for posting this! My dil is a professional singer, and prior to being a Mom sang in a cover band traveling all over the world. I can't wait to make this for my granddaughter.

heidi miller said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited to make one!

Lynniemay said...

I just happen to stumble to your site!!!
Its Great!!
Love the Nora Jones too!!!