Monday, December 22, 2008

A Cutie-Patootie Baby Winter Dress

I had posted a while back that I was going to attempt to copy this Baby Gap dress (you can view the original post here):

So I am proud to say that I finished tonight! Yeah me!

I am going to try and whip up some cut little booties or shoes to match and then get my daughter all dressed up tonight to model it. Then I will post some "action" shots here and just for fun I am going to add my finished project to Crafster.org.

I used lftover fleece for this project for the print sections and an old sweater of mine that shrunk became the purple parts. I love it. I think it looks almost identical to the original from Baby Gap. I decided to go with snaps instead of buttons and I changed the elbow patches to hearts that I did a cute purple embroidery blanket stitch on. I love it and I can't wait to try it on my 9 month old! Sweet! Here it is!


1 comment:

Elisana said...

simply adorable!
you're very talented!