Saturday, December 20, 2008

Felt Finger Puppets - African Animals


I made my very first set of finger puppets this year. They are a stocking stuffer for my son who is 2 1/2. Eventually I want to make more sets, all in groups of five, all with their own theme (such as Zoo Animals, House Pets, Forest Creatures, etc. I started with African animals and this set has...

A lion:


A monkey:


A hippo:


An elephant:


And a giraffe:



I got the original idea from a variety of places on the web. A fancy crafter sells similar puppets on Etsy here while I loosely based my pattern on these free finger puppet patterns found here. I will also be making the finger puppet theatre found here to go along with this later. It won't get done in time for Christmas but hopefully soon after or as late as my son's birthday in May.

2 comments:

Heather - Dollar Store Crafts said...

Those are so cute. I love finger puppets and you did such a great job!!

Heather

Becca said...

I am starting my Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers now and was looking for pics of finger puppets for inspiration. Your puppets are cute!