Friday, December 26, 2008

Memory Game



I made this memory game from baby food jar lids. I used Stage2 BeechNut lids but I think that most any brand will work because the lids size only vary slightly.




The game follows all the same rules of your typical memory or matching game. This is my first design and I am gonna post for FREE the design sheets so that you can make your own! Just please remember to give me some credit if you use my design and also, please don't sell it or pass it off as your own. I worked very hard on this and deserve the credit!

Here's what you need:

Supplies:
12x Baby Food Jar Lids
1x Sheet of Yellow Felt
1x Printout of Lid Pattern
1x Printout of Fruit Pattern
Modge Podge
Craft Glue
Scissors

Instructions:
1) Print out the Lid Pattern below:


2) Print out the Fruit Pattern below:


3) Cut out thin strips of yellow felt long enough to go around the exterior brim of the lids. The strips should only be as wide as the brim itself and not hang over anywhere. Using craft glue, attach the felt strips to all the lids.

4) Cut out all the fruit and lid labels from the pattern sheets. Use the Modge Podge and paste all the blue labels to the lids. The paste all the fruit labels to the inside of the lids. Be sure and get a good coating on the top of the labels to protect the images.

That's it! If you want to type out instructions for the game you can. Here are the rules that I created:

Players : 1 to 2

Goal: To collect the most matched pairs.

How to play: Place all the pieces face down. Youngest player goes first. On each turn, the player chooses two game pieces and turns them over. If a match is found, the player removes the two pieces, keeps them and gets another turn. If the player doesn’t find a match then those two pieces are turned back over and it is the next players turn. The game continues this way until all the pieces have been matched. Each pair is worth 1 point and the player with the most points at the end of the game wins!


I plan on making more designs of things like vegetable, animals, or objects and selling them on Etsy in sets. This way you could add to the fruit set! The more sets added the more difficult the game becomes, allowing you to make it easy for youngsters and harder for older kids!

3 comments:

Katherine Marie! said...

This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome idea! I am going to make some for a charity project to send in little goodie bags. Thanks so much :)

bevq said...

This is just wonderful! I am making a set for my grandbabies to have using canning jar lids since I don't have baby food jars. My grandbabies live far away!

And maybe I'll make a set for this grandma to have in her home too!

I made so many toys for my kids when they were growing up, and I had forgotten how fun and inexpensive it is! Thank you so much!
Bev
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bevqual