Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Paper Clip Ring #2

Here is my first official installment of Use What You Have Tuesday. I have already made one of these paper clip rings this week but, hey, I had to start with something on this momentus occasion! And as the name indicates, I can only make things with stuff that I already had laying around on Tuesdays and it should be basic crafting/household items. So anyway....
This here is my second attempt at the paper clip ring. The first one (found here) was too small...it only fit my pinky ring. This one I made sure would fit my ring finger.


I think this will be my last paper clip ring until I buy some jewelry pliers. Anyway, this ring was made using about 6 small (#1 non-skid paper clips) and two beads that I already had. I also use big, bulky normal pliers....which made this project almost impossible. Anyway, I made the "packaging" out of two lightweight cardstock scraps that I glued together with a gluestick and drew the design with a permanent marker. That's about it!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is a great idea. I'm working on getting simple but useful craft projects ready for my Kids Christmas Craft Workshop I do each year and I'm adding this to the list. Thank you!

Alaina said...

amazing talent!!

Meream said...

That is pretty! I love the colors of the beads, too. :)