Well this isn't a tutorial or really a great how-to, I just wanted to share a past project today that I had done and am proud of. I sold the carseat recently and it made me a little sad because I worked so hard on it! :(
Here's the back story... I had a son and therefore bought a boyish carseat. Then two years later I had a baby girl. Well call me crazy but I don't see the point in buying a whole new carseat when the other one worked prefectly fine! Here is the finished product:
So I took the carseat cushion off and the awning piece (is that what its called?) and then I proceeded to rip the seams apart. I paid close attention at this point to really watch the construction and how it was put together. Once everything was apart, I ironed like crazy.
I bought some pink flannel material with a cute star pattern all over it and I purple cotton fabric for the accent pieces. From there it was pretty simple. I just laid out my "pattern pieces" (the old cushion and awning parts) and cutout the pieces from the new fabric. I also opted to double the fabric for the awning so that there wouldn't be any visible seams as there would have been if I had not. I added a ruffle to the awning for a little cute factor. I used a litle extra quilt batting in the cushion for comfort as well.
That's about it! Here is what the carseat looked like before: