I drafted a pattern and got to work. The finished design ended up being slightly too big on her but she can still wear it now and she will definitely grow into it! I am tweaking the pattern so I can post it on here!! I used some tealish colored stretch poly jersey that I had leftover from another project to use as the straps, accent waistband, and headband. I also used a teeny piece to cover the button in the flower.
The picture doesn't quite show how flat the triangle top pieces lay because my daughter wouldn't sit still for the picture and my camera is terrible.
Lastly, I used these instructions to create the beautiful flower for her matching headband. The instructions were realy easy and the design is fabulous.
I will be making another one of these dresses soon so I can *hopefully* post a pattern with instructions for the design. In the meanwhile, you'll just have to