Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Waldorf Boy Doll - w/ clothes pattern!



I made this doll for a swap I was involved in on Craftster.org. My swap partner had asked for a blond-haired, blue-eyed waldorf-style boy doll for her stepson. The swap requirements also stated that I needed to make some extras for the doll and something not for the doll. I knew right away what I wanted to make: A matchin PJ set for the doll and her stepson (just like I had for my Cabbbage Patch doll in the 80's!!) I also made a blankie for the doll and sent along some bedtime story books.


For the doll, I refered to Simmy's blog Echoes of a Dream to use her waldorf instructions. After I emailed her, she was so kind as to email me the pattern she used for the body! I had used her instructions before for another doll I made for my daughter but made a different body that time.


Well as usual, I was smart enough to make a pattern as I made the clothes for the doll. If you use Simmy's pattern, which you can get by going to her blog and emailing her to request it, then these clothes will fit perfectly! Enjoy!


To use these patterns, Right-click and "Save Target As" and save to your computer. Print the images full size. Each should fit on an 8x10" sheet of printer paper to make it the right size. :P



14 comments:

Heather - CROQZine.com - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Oh my gosh, so cute!! Great idea with the matching PJs... two great posts in one day.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, these are fabulous! Thanks so much!!!

casserole said...

These little clothes are so sweet! I posted a link to your patterns on Craft Gossip Sewing Blog: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-boy-clothes-for-a-waldorf-style-doll/2009/05/13/
--Anne

nikonikobaby said...

Love your blog--this is too cute! How did you do the hair--is it crocheted?

Lynniemay said...

LOveee...loveee...loveeee your Keyshia Cole!
And.....Your site!
Lynniemay

Amy said...

I have been looking for something like this Waldorff doll pattern for a while now! Yeah! Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Lelonie said...

Hi! I am going to attempt to make my daughter a doll...and clothes for it....can I please have the measurements from side to side and top to bottom...when I print them out I don't know if I am printing out the correct size....Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))

maria said...

Love that little boy with his blanket.

Thanks for the pattern.

Marie

melinda said...

HI there! I'm doing a dolly swap as well, but organised on facebook. I love your boy dolly! he looks gorgeous. You can check my progress out on my blog if you like it's www.theenchantedbutton.blogspot.com
xx

Melissa Alvarado said...

great idea and I love the matching pjs to go with it....perfect.

Melissa Alvarado said...

I love the matching pjs and the doll.

Melissa Alvarado said...

Great idea. I like it.